Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Great News from Doctor and Craft Projects Coming Soon

I haven't posted for a while but I have been crafting I just haven't got around to posting. I had some medical tests done two weeks ago and the results/scans came back with a good report. Praise God! My doctor and I were both happy she said I deserved good news. I agree

I picked up a few more craft supplies I have just about everything I need although I'm getting ready to order an embossing heat tool to make cards. My grandchildren are moving to England next month and my ex-husband was gracious enough to pay for the Simon Says Stamp Card of the Month Kit so we can send them each a card every month. I'll need the embossing tool for that reason. I'm so excited, so get ready for some postings. I've tried many new techniques the past couple weeks so I have plenty to show you.

I also joined the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges. They randomly pick winners so everyone has a chance to get a $50.00 voucher to spend at the online store. Everyone is so talented but I'm going to try anyhow. I've learned so much and have been inspired greatly. I've also picked up many craft tips from others and learned a few on my own just from trying new stuff. I hardly know where to begin.

Another mixed media art project you may be interested in is the Mixed Media Morsels by Cat Hand from YouTube. I'll do full postings and videos shortly. They are perfect for those of you who are new to art journaling like me or have been doing it a while too. I've noticed that many mixed media YouTubers with thousands of subscribers have joined in the fun.

That was Cat Hand's whole purpose to have fun and learn new things. She doesn't have a set schedule exactly but she has been posting for a couple months now she is on challenge 12. You can join anytime. She had this fantastic idea to get a wee small journal about 3 x 4 ish or bigger if you like and start at the beginning with background techniques then progressing.

She had the thought that many new folks are eager to get started but hardly know where to begin. Then they get intimidated by a huge blank journal and just never start if this sounds like you then by all means come join in the fun. It's a wonderful way to get your feet wet in Mixed Media you can watch video after video to get ideas but if you never put that paintbrush to canvas...you get my drift.

You don't need a bunch of stuff to get started and she lists the supplies at the beginning of the video. So far I've just need basic supplies like a little pad of paper for a journal, she used a mini composition book. Paint, glue, plastic wrap, waxed paper, a sharpie and a hair dryer if you don't have a heat gun.

I browsed ahead on a couple to see if I would need more supplies upcoming are stamps and stencils. I have made my own stamps from erasers and stencils from hot glue so if you don't have any store bought you can do the same. I took pictures so I will get those posted this week.

She also has a Facebook group if you want to post your pictures. I've also noticed many of the "stars" in Mixed Media are making their own videos showing their versions of the challenges which is what I plan on doing too. You will be so inspired to create just like I have, these folks are so talented I won't lie and tell you I'm not intimidated because I am but you can learn so much from their videos.

I'm on challenge #3 however I need to do a couple over. The first one she forgot an important step but the paper is still useful for another project and #3 looks like #1 hmm. Here's the link to the video playlist. Like I said I plan to do full posts on all of them and give you my tips. Well it's nearly 3:30 am so I had better get some shut eye. Well I did get some sleep I fell asleep before I finished editing now it's 5:30am  lol.

Craft yourself happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment